- New book aims to help you manage digital workflow: more here
- Weekly giveaway from Imaging USA (we'll be there!): enter here
- MySpace reveals a new brand identity: more here
- Pentax starts a virtual mud fight: play here
- Canon v. Nikon: which is better?
- Could you go paperless? read more
- Amazon river cruise/photography workshop: sign up here
- Have questions? Join a forum
- Nikon Capture NX 2.2.6 is out: take a look
- 10 quick tips to increase wedding revenue: read more
Friday, October 29, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Filmet is now offering 3 sizes of value-priced soft cover books! These books are perfect for parent albums, wedding attendants, friends, brag-books and more.
- Choose from 5x5, 7x7 or 8.5x11
- Custom soft photo covers are printed on 100lb. cover stock
- Books will accommodate any page count from 20-108
- New softcover books start at only $12.95!
You may find the new soft-cover Keepsake books in the BOOKS catalog of our Filmet Connect ROES.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
The Thin Book - 11/24/10*
The Coffee Table Book - 11/24/10*
Legend/Destiny/Summit Albums - 12/01/10*
*albums must be ordered AND approved for completion by the date shown
Keepsake Book - 12/06/10
Signature Book - 12/06/10
Occasions Book - 12/06/10
Our normal turn-around times will apply for all other items!
Please also note that Filmet will be closed on the following dates:
Thursday 12/23/10 (half day)
Friday, October 22, 2010
- Email tops Facebook for keeping in touch: read more
- B&H launches free iPhone app: take a look
- Business tip for Photoshop users: read more
- HDR tips: read more
- Looking for a $35K+ Nikon: here it is
- A new image-tagging solution: here
- Training for CS5: read more
- New goodies from Apple: take a look
- Denis Reggie to comment on his new association with Bella: read more
- How to choose a lens: read more
Monday, October 18, 2010
What could be better? How about $10.00 off! Print the coupon below for your discount.
See you there!
Friday, October 15, 2010
- Kodak gives image "hip-hop update" say WSJ: read more
- Weekly giveaway from Imaging USA: enter here
- Set your photographic mind free: read more
- News from Nikon: read more
- 5 things you should know about selling stock: read more
- New accessories from LumiQuest: read more
- Ansel Adams Trust lawsuit: read more
- 9 Tips for better food photography: read more
- Photos on Twitter - what you should know: read more
- Marketing Moments from PMA: take a look
Thursday, October 7, 2010
- This contest is open only to professional photographers submitting a senior related image from the 2010 season.
- The winner will be chosen based on composition, technical merit, subject matter, creativity and overall quality.
- Images will be judged by the staff at Filmet. All decisions are final. The winner will be showcased on our blog, and will receive a free 7x7 Occasions Book that is designed by us.
- This contest is open to all professional photographers in the continental US - not just current Filmet clients!
How to Enter:
- Images may be submitted anytime between Monday, October 4th and Friday, October 29th. The winner will be notified no later than Friday, November 5th.
- Images should be no larger than 72dpi at 8x10 size, and are to be emailed to email@example.com with the following information:
- Subject Line - Photo Contest
- City, State
- Phone Number
- Website Address
We are looking forward to seeing your best work, and as always, if you have any questions, CONTACT US!
Friday, October 1, 2010
Each month, we will be highlighting a Filmet photographer that goes above and beyond to create memorable images for their clients.
This month's photographer is Dave Marmarelli of DGM Photography. Dave's studio is located in Glenshaw, PA (right outside of Pittsburgh.) Although Dave specializes in weddings, seniors, family portraits and sports, this month we will be highlighting his action sports photography. Recently, Dave's youth hockey images drew the attention of the Pittsburgh Penguins Hockey Organization. Currently, his images are being displayed on larger banners along the East Concourse of the newly built Consol Energy Center. You can read more about the display HERE. Take a look below to view the images chosen, and what the final display looks like:
Here's what Dave had to say:
"It's not only the action of the game," Marmarelli said of his photographs, "but the reactions of the game, the kids, the coaches."
Dave hopes to continue to build his business on the quality of this photographs and products and is honored by the opportunity to have his work displayed in the Consol Energy Center.
"I never realized my pictures had gotten to that level that anyone would notice it," he said.
"I'm very excited and proud."
We are too, Dave - great job!
You may view Dave's website HERE.
- Photographers needed for Portraits of Love: read more
- PFFA "Hall of Frame": read more
- 3D Cameras?: read more
- Not another photo contest!: read more
- Google develops web format to replace JPEG: read more
- Facebook enlarges photos: read more
- 2011 Hot One's - Coming Soon: read more
- New Nikon judges announced: read more
- Color Management Solutions: read more
- Sigma SD1 46MP: read more